Serrapeptase - A Natural Anti-Inflammatory
Serratiopeptidase (Serratia marcescens)
Serrapeptase is a proteolytic enzyme extracted from non-pathogenic bacteria. Serrapeptase prevents swelling and fluid retention by digesting non-living tissue, blood clots, and inflammation in all forms. Serrapeptase helps reduce or relieve post-operative cheek swelling after dental surgery...
Available in 90 DRCaps (72,000su); 90 DRCaps (90,000su) and 90 DRCaps (120,000su)
|Nutrient||Single Tablet||Daily Dose|
Serratiopeptidase (Serratia marcescens)(E15) (120,000 SU)
|50 mg||100 mg|
Serratiopeptidase (Serratia marcescens)(E15) (90,000 SU)
|37.5 mg||75 mg|
Serratiopeptidase (Serratia marcescens)(E15) (72,000 SU)
|30 mg||60 mg|
Vitex Product Information
Adults: Take 1 DRcap daily 2 hours after a meal, or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Recommended duration of use:
- Reduction of ear, nose and throat infection; mucolytic enzyme: Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 4 weeks.
- Swelling and pain reduction: Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 7 days.
Recommended use or purpose:
- Helps to reduce symptoms, such as pain, quantity of secretion, inability to perceive smell and stuffy nose from ear and throat infection.
- Helps reduce (relieve) postoperative cheek swelling and/or pain after dental surgery
Cautions and warnings:
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- if symptoms persist or worsen discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner.
- Do not use if you have heart or blood vessel problems, high blood pressure, kidney or liver disorder, bleeding disorder, haemorrhoids, gastrointestinal ulcers, or are taking any blood thinning agents (warfarin) or anti-inflammatory agents (i.e. acetylsalicylic acid)
- If you have persistent swelling, have or will be undergoing surgery or have major trauma, consult a healthcare practitioner.
- Stop use and consult a health care practitioner immediately if the following symptoms appear: dizziness, headaches, difficulty breathing, rash, hypersensitivity and severe allergy.
- If seal around cap is broken or missing, do not use.
Serrapeptase, also known as Serratia Peptidase, is a proteolytic enzyme isolated from the non-pathogenic entero-bacteria Serratia marcescens strain E15. Controlled fermentation of the bacterial strain; Serratia sp. T-1 secretes this enzyme in medium. Successive purification steps, for example micro-filtration, ammonium sulphyhate, fractionation, DEAE-cellulase column chromatography, gel filtration followed by repeat aseptic filtration and freeze drying yields this product in a highly purified form, enabling it to be used for medicinal purpose. Serrapeptase is a stronger saseinolytic (fibrinolytic) agent than any other known alkaline or neutral protease such as bromelain or pronase.
Clinical studies show that Serrapeptase induces fibrinolytic, anti-inflammatory and anti-edemic (prevents swelling and fluid retention) activity in a number of tissues, and that its anti-inflammatory effects are superior to other proteolytic enzymes.
Each Serrapeptase DRcap contains 30 mg (72,000 u), 37.5 mg (90,000 u) or 50 mg (120,000 u) of Serratia Peptidase enzyme preparation. Serrapeptase digests non-living tissue, blood clots, cysts and inflammation in all forms. The late German physician, Dr. Hans Nieper, used Serrapeptase to treat arterial blockage in his coronary patients. Serrapeptase protects against stroke and is reportedly more effective and quicker than EDTA chelation treatments in removing arterial plaque. He also reports that Serrapeptase dissolves blood clots and causes varicose veins to shrink or diminish.
Besides reducing inflammation, one of Serrapeptase's most profound benefits is reduction of pain, due to its ability to block the release of pain-inducing amines from inflamed tissues. Physicians throughout Asia and Europe have recognized the anti-inflammatory and pain-blocking benefits of this naturally occurring substance and are using it in treatment as an alternative to salicylates, ibuprofen and other NSAIDs.
In Germany and other European countries, Serrapeptase is a common treatment for inflammatory and traumatic swellings, and much of the research that exists on this substance is of European origin. One double-blind study was conducted by German researchers to determine the effect of Serrapeptase on post-operative swelling and pain. This study involved sixty-six patients who were treated surgically for fresh rupture of the lateral collateral ligament of the knee. On the third post-operative day, the group receiving Serrapeptase exhibited a 50 percent reduction of swelling, compared to the controls. The patients receiving Serrapeptase also became more rapidly pain-free than the controls, and by the tenth day, the pain had disappeared completely.
Serrapeptase is thought to work in three ways:
- It may reduce inflammation by thinning the fluids formed from injury, and facilitating the fluid's drainage. This in turn, also speeds tissue repair.
- It may help alleviate pain by inhibiting the release of pain-inducing amines called bradykinin.
- It may enhance cardiovascular health by breaking down the protein by-products of blood coagulation called fibrin. Conveniently, Serrapeptase is able to dissolve the fibrin and other dead or damaged tissue without harming living tissue. This could enable the dissolution of plaques without causing any harm to the inside of the arteries.
Serrapeptase is being used as a highly effective support to antibiotics in many countries. It treats inflammatory disorders by not only fighting inflammation, but also by relieving pain and swelling, improving recovery time and stimulating the immune system. Serrapeptase has a "scavenging" effect. It helps remove the heavy metals through which the body releases toxins and hence modulates the immune system, addresses hormonal imbalances and speeds wound and tissue repair time.
Vitex’s Serrapeptase is now provided in the new enteric DRcaps; plant origin hypromellose polymer and gellan gum. If consumed in unprotected tablets or capsules, Serrapeptase is destroyed by acid in the stomach. However, this new DRcaps technology enables the enzyme to pass through the stomach unchanged, and be absorbed in the small intestine. DRcaps have several advantages over the traditional enteric coating of tablets and capsules. This new technology eliminates the costly and cumbersome enteric coating process which requires the use of solvents and heat which can have destructive effect on the active ingredients in the formula. Finally, DRcaps are more resistant to moisture and provide a more precise and consistent dissolution rate compared to the traditional method of enteric coating.
Serrapeptase is found in negligible amounts in the urine, suggesting that it is transported directly from the small intestine into the bloodstream.
Regardless of whether Serrapeptase is used for inflammatory diseases or to prevent plaque build up on the arteries, it is well-tolerated. Due to its lack of side effects and anti-inflammatory capabilities, Serrapeptase is a logical choice to replace harmful NSAIDs. Thanks to the tiny larvae of the silk moth, researchers have taken a large step toward finding relief for inflammatory disease sufferers.
NOTE: For maximum benefit, take the SOURCE Optimum, SONA based vitamin/mineral/enzyme formula and VEGAN Omega 3-6-9 to provide the body with optimum levels of other essential nutrients necessary to help maintain long term good health.
Packaging: Packed in light & oxygen resistant recyclable PETE (Bisphenol A free) bottles.
Gluten Free: Contains no animal substance, artificial preservatives, colours or flavours, added starch, sugar, lactose, dairy, salt, yeast or wheat.
Excipients: Microcrystalline cellulose. Ingredient details can be read here.
DRcaps: Hypromellose polymer, gellan gum (designed to dissolve in the small intestine)
DRCaps is a reg. trademark of Capsugel.